OrganOx is committed to safeguarding personal data provided to us. This Privacy Notice describes how OrganOx Limited (“OrganOx”, “we”, “us”) collect, use, share and safeguard your personal data when you interact with us.
2.0 When do we collect personal data?
OrganOx collects personal data in the following circumstances:
- When you visit our website;
- When you subscribe to receive news and other information from us;
- When you use our services;
- When you attend our events;
- When you engage with us on social media;
- When you request information from us or provide information to us;
- When you or the organisation you work for provide services to us;
- When you apply for a role or work placement opportunity with us;
- When you contact us by any means
3.0 What is personal data?
4.0 How do we collect personal data?
We will collect personal data directly from you.
When you submit an enquiry through our website, we will collect your first name, last name, email address, telephone number and the details of your enquiry.
When you use our website, we will collect usage and analytical data relating to website traffic, the IP address and location of the device connected, and usage metrics to enable us to improve our service to you. By using our website, you consent to our use of this information.
When you apply for a role or work placement opportunity with us, we may collect personal data required by us to effectively process your application including your name, contact details, previous education and employment, information provided on any application forms and financial information. By submitting your application, you consent to our use of this information. We may carry out screening checks (including reference, background, identity, eligibility to work and criminal record checks) as part of your application. Without your personal information, we may not be able to progress your application with us.
We may also collect personal information about your interactions with us, including in-person contact, telephone, email or online services.
We may also collect personal data provided by you to effectively manage customer and supplier relations to enable us to provide our services in accordance with our agreements.
5.0 How do we use personal data
We will always process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We may use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or the organisation you work for;
- It is necessary in connection with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- You have provided your consent (where necessary) to such use or the organisation you work for has obtained your consent (where necessary);
- We have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms; or
- We are otherwise required or authorised by law.
We may use your personal information to:
- Inform our website security and services so you can safely access our website. It also lets us recognise your username and password, where required, including the facility to reset your password should you forget it;
- Inform you of any changes to our service or activities;
- Ensure high standards of quality and safety of healthcare, our medical products or medical devices;
- Provide you or the organisation you work for with information about OrganOx;
- Maintain and develop our relationship with you;
- Monitor and analyse our business;
- Facilitate our internal business operations and to ascertain trends to enable us to match our services to future customer requirements;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests, including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory bodies;
- Identify products you may be interested in;
- Send you details about our products, services and events;
- Protect, establish, exercise or defend legal rights; and
- Process and respond to requests, enquiries or complaints received from you.
Without your personal data, we will be unable to do these things.
6.0 How long do you store personal data?
We only retain your personal data for as long as we reasonably consider necessary to fulfil our business purpose with you. Your personal information is not stored for any longer than necessary. If certain information is provided voluntarily, you will be able to withdraw your consent or exercise your rights in relation to this information at any time as permitted by applicable law.
7.0 Disclosure of personal data
OrganOx will never sell, rent or trade your personal information. Your personal data will only be disclosed in the ways outlined in this Privacy Notice:
- Any of our group companies;
- Third party service providers to whom we outsource services, for example archival, auditing, reference checking, professional advisory (including legal, accounting, financial, recruiting and business consulting), IT support, mailing house, delivery, technology, website, social media, research, banking, payment, customer contact, data processing, insurance, litigation support, data room, marketing and security services;
- Third parties with whom we have co-promotional arrangements (such as jointly sponsored events);
- Third parties who carry out research and analyses of our products and services on our behalf;
- Any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations;
- Any prospective investor;
- Any prospective buyer in the event we sell any part of our business or assets;
- Regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and other law enforcement agencies;
- Any third parties who provide services to us.
7.1 Social Media
Social media links are included on the OrganOx website to direct users to LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Our social media sites are governed by the Privacy Notice of the company providing the service. You should consult the Privacy Notice of the relevant social media site for details on how they process your personal data.
The OrganOx website may contain links to third party websites whose Privacy Notices may differ from ours. You should consult the Privacy Notice of the third party website since OrganOx has no control over information submitted to or collected by third parties. Our Privacy Notice does not cover content on third party websites.
8.0 Where do we store personal data?
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to (including accessed in or stored in) a country or territory outside the United Kingdom (UK) or the European Economic Area (EEA), including to countries whose laws may not offer the same level of protection of personal data as available in the UK or the EEA. In the event that your personal data is transferred to companies within the OrganOx group, such companies will be subject to binding corporate rules that ensure that they process data to the same standards as OrganOx.
9.0 Who can access personal data?
OrganOx have put in place appropriate security measures to hold data securely in electronic or physical form and to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We utilise a number of security standards, processes and procedures and data is stored in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
Access to personal data is limited to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to access the data. We require our third party data storage providers to comply with appropriate information security standards and data protection laws. All employees and third-party providers with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
11.0 what are your rights?
In some instances, local data protection laws and certain local laws (including UK GDPR) give you rights to your personal data. These rights differ by country/region.
You may have the right to (a) be informed about the personal data we hold about you; (b) access the personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine readable format; (c) rectification of any incorrect or inaccurate personal data we hold about you; (d) deletion of any personal data we hold about you; (e) restriction of the processing of personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances; (f) portability of any personal data we hold about you; (g) object to the processing of any personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances; and/or (h) not be subjected to a decision based entirely on automated processing, including profiling.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the details set out in Section 15.
12.0 How do I opt-out of receiving marketing or promotional information?
From time-to-time, we may contact you by email or post to send you marketing or promotional communications from OrganOx about our company, products and services (where we have previously received your consent to do so, or we believe that you may be interested in the material as it relates to similar products or services you have previously indicated an interest in acquiring from us).
If you receive marketing or promotional material relating to our products and services by email or post, you may opt-out in accordance with the unsubscribe instructions included within the specific communication or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “unsubscribe” in the subject box. Alternatively, you can let us know your preferences by emailing email@example.com.
Our website is not directed at individuals under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18. If you think that we have collected personal data from an individual under the age of 18, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14.0 Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update our Privacy Notice from time-to-time. The latest version of the Privacy Notice will govern OrganOx’s use of your personal data and is always available on our website. We may make changes to this Privacy Notice at our discretion. By continuing to use our website after any changes have been implemented, you acknowledge the terms of the Privacy Notice.
15.0 Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or would like to submit a written complaint to us about how we handle your personal data, please contact us at:
FAO: Data Protection Officer
The Magdalen Centre
Robert Robinson Avenue
If you make a privacy complaint, we will respond to let you know how your complaint will be handled. We may ask you for further details, consult with other parties and keep records regarding your complaint.
This Privacy Notice was last updated: December 2022.
UK/US MD-040-16-1 - September 2022